Ensure your Ring devices are performing at their peak with tips on how to verify your wifi password, reset it, and reconnect devices to your network.
Receiving an incorrect wifi password message in the Ring app? It’s important to remember that:
- Wifi passwords are case sensitive and special character (e.g. *@$#!) sensitive. Double check letter capitalisation and placement.
- If you haven't changed your wifi password since your router was installed, it may be on a sticker on the underside of your router.
- Connect other devices to your wifi network using your last remembered password to verify it is still correct.
- If you have multiple networks or a wifi extender, confirm you are connecting to the correct one.
Don't know your wifi password?
Learn how to find your wifi password.
Special characters in your wifi password
Special, non alpha-numeric characters (e.g. *@$#!) can occasionally cause issues during the initial installation of your device.
To fix this issue:
- Temporarily change the wifi password on your router.
- Create a temporary guest network for setting up your Ring device.
- Set up your Ring device on a different wifi network.
After successfully setting up your Ring device and connecting it to the internet, the device will update its firmware. You can then restore your previous network's password or remove the guest network if you created one.
To reconnect your Ring device:
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap the menu (☰).
- Tap Devices.
- Choose the device you would like to reconnect.
- Tap the Device Health tile.
- Tap Change Wifi Network under the Network section.
If you are experiencing any of the issues below, try the listed recommendations. You can also contact your internet service provider for further help with wifi issues.
Did not receive password reset email
To fix this issue:
- Make sure you're typing in the email address used when setting up your Ring account.
- Search your email for the subject line: “Set Up Your New Password Now”.
- Check spam folders or other filters that might be active on your email account.
“Invalid Token” error message
This can occur when you're attempting to use an older password reset email where the security token has expired.
- Tokens expire 10 minutes after the email has been sent.
- Try deleting all previous Ring password reset emails, then start the process from the beginning to generate a new email and security token.
Login page keeps reloading after clicking “Create Password” in the reset email
- Clear the cache and/or cookies in your browser.
- Use “Incognito Mode” in your preferred browser.
- Attempt login using another browser or device.
Remember that the Ring app is always the easiest place to change your password if you know your original password.
Receiving an error message when attempting to log in
- Uninstall the app, restart your phone, then reinstall the app.
- Log in to the app using wifi only or cellular data only.
- Temporarily change the password to ring1234 or 12345678.
Still having trouble?
If you're entering the correct password, and still having trouble, read more about other possible causes of in-app setup issues.