Conveniently arm and disarm your Video Doorbells and Security Cameras with voice commands for Alexa and a compatible Echo device.
Note: You will need to select a four-digit voice code in order to disarm your Ring Video Doorbells and Security Cameras. Once selected, the system can be voice-armed or disarmed by anyone who gives the command to Alexa with the four-digit code.
If you are new to Alexa, you must download and install the Alexa app onto your mobile device before you can arm and disarm your Ring devices with Alexa using your voice. Follow these steps for changing modes for your Video Doorbells and Security Cameras with Alexa using your voice.
How to arm and disarm your Video Doorbells or Security Cameras with Alexa
First, enable Mode Settings for your Ring Video Doorbell or Security Camera.
- Open your Ring app.
- Tap the menu (≡).
- Tap Settings, then Modes and Automations.
- Tap Modes.
- Scroll down and tap Enable Mode Settings for Cameras.
- Tap Default Mode Settings or choose the option to Customize Mode Settings.
Next, open the Alexa app and enable the Ring Alexa skill.
If you're new to Alexa, install the Alexa app on your mobile device first.
- Check if your device is already set up.
- Tap Try Discovery Again.
- Ask, "Alexa, discover my devices"
- Choose the option to get help connecting or contact customer service.
- Tap Skills & Games on the main menu.
- On the next screen, search for Ring in the search box. After you've found it, tap Enable.
- Next, Alexa will ask you to sign into your Ring account. This will link your Ring account to your Alexa account.
- After you sign in, Alexa will look for devices to connect. All of your Ring devices should appear and connect to Alexa automatically. If you don't want a particular device to connect, tap Forget.
- Your device should now appear as <location> Ring in the Alexa app.
After the Ring Alexa skill is enabled, try the following commands.
- Say "Alexa, arm Ring" or "Alexa, disarm Ring" to change the Mode for your doorbell or camera. When disarming, you must say your voice passcode.
- You can also say "Alexa, I'm leaving" or "Alexa, I'm home".