The Device Health tile in your device control panel brings you to a section that contains all of the operational information on your Ring device. If something goes wrong, the information and tools on this page can help you solve it.
To access the Device Health tile:
- Open the Ring app
- Tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left corner
- Tap Devices
- Select the desired device
- Tap Device Health
Note: Not all of the following information will appear in every Device Health page.
- Power Source: This tells you what power source your device is running on
- Battery Level: If your device is running on a battery, this percentage lists how much power is left in the battery.
- Signal Strength: This tells you how strong the Wi-Fi signal going to your device is.
- Network Name: The name of the Wi-Fi network your device is attached to.
- Change Wi-Fi Network: This tool will allow you change the network that your device is attached to. Note that you must be near your device and have your Wi-Fi password handy.
- Product Name: The name of your Ring device.
- Last Health Check: This is the last time the information on this screen has been updated.
- Mac Address: The network location of your device. Ring Community Support may ask you for this while troubleshooting. If you ever have to do anything complicated, like assign a static IP to your Floodlight Cam, or open a port in your firewall you’ll need the Mac Address for that.
- Test Your Wi-Fi: This leads to an online bandwidth test that will let you know the upload and download speeds of your Wi-Fi network.
- Troubleshoot Notifications: This will take you to an article detailing how to solve many of the most common problem with your notifications.
- Ring System Status: This control gives you an overview of health of the the entire Ring system. In the unlikely event of an operational failure on our end that negatively affects your Ring Device, you’ll see notice of it here.
- Device Health Report: In the case of an issue with your device, this will open a help article that can assist you in resolving the issue on your own.
- Contact Support: In the event you have questions, you can get contact our 24/7 support centre directly from this control.