Set up different tones in the Ring app for each of your devices so you can distinguish the alert sound of your Video Doorbells from your Security Cameras.
How to set up Alert Tones
- Open your Ring app.
- Tap the menu (≡) on the top left.
- Tap Devices.
- Tap the device you want to set up with a custom App Alert Tone.
- Tap Device Settings.
6. Tap Alert Settings.
7. Tap App Alert Tones.
- This will bring up all of the available sounds for that device.
- If you are adjusting a Ring Video Doorbell, you can select one sound for Motion Alerts and one for doorbell rings.
- Tap the back button on the top left to go back to the previous menu.
If you have a Ring Chime or Ring Chime Pro, you can also adjust the notifications for those devices to differentiate doorbell rings from Motion Alerts.