Customise your notifications when someone presses your Video Doorbell and when your Video Doorbell or Security Camera detects motion.
How to customise your alerts
- Open the Ring app and tap the menu (☰) in the top left corner.
- Tap Devices, then select the relevant device.
- At the top of the screen, you can toggle the following on or off:
- Ring Alerts
- Motion Detection
- Motion Alerts
- Motion Warning (if your device has the feature)
- Tap the Motion Settings tile to customise settings such as:
- Motion Sensitivity.
- Smart Alerts (available to Ring Protect subscribers. These alerts allow you to distinguish motion so you'll know whether it's a person or something else like a car).
- Advanced Settings (example: Advanced Motion Detection, Motion Schedules, and Motion Frequency).
Some Ring devices let you use a Motion Warning, which is an audible, pre-recorded message that plays when your camera detects a person. Learn more about Motion Warnings.
If you're having issues getting notifications, make sure you're connected to wifi and that your mobile device settings are set to allow notifications from Ring.