Become a Ring Video Doorbell pro with our top two tips to help you keep your device running at peak performance.
Make sure your battery is charged to 100%
Now that you have your Video Doorbell make sure the battery is charged to 100% for at least six to eight hours before installing for the best performance.
|Charge your battery until the orange light disappears and only the green light is lit.
|To remove doorbell faceplate, squeeze ridges on the sides and lift up from the ridge on the bottom.
Place your wifi router to get the best signal
Give your Video Doorbell the best chance to stay connected to wifi by adjusting your router’s placement at your location. To ensure your router is giving off a clear signal:
- Make sure your wifi router isn’t blocked behind a couch or in a closet.
- Move your router off the floor onto a coffee table.
|Move your router from behind couch
|Move your router out of closet
Learn how to reconnect to wifi
Video Doorbell disconnected from your wifi? No problem. Follow these wifi tips to get it back up and monitoring:
- Use the same mobile phone you used to set up the doorbell to reconnect.
- Have your wifi password handy.
- Remember that wifi passwords are case sensitive.
- If you didn’t create a new password when you setup your local wifi network through your provider, your password may be printed on the router.
To reconnect to wifi in the Ring app:
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap on the menu (☰).
- Tap Devices.
- Select your doorbell you’d like to reconnect.
- Tap the Device Health tile on the device dashboard.
- Tap Reconnect to Wifi and follow the prompts to reconnect.