Keep your mobile device(s) and Ring app updated to get the most benefits from your Ring devices and compatible technology.
1. Set Up Automatic Updates for your Mobile Device(s) Operating System
2. Set Up Automatic Updates for your Ring App
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down to App Store.
- Toggle on App Updates.
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap your profile icon on top right.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Network Preferences.
- Tap Auto-update apps.
- Select option:
- Over any network to update apps using either Wi-Fi or mobile data.
3. Best Practice
Reboot your mobile device(s) weekly by completely powering off the device so the operating system and all of your apps are refreshed.
Keep in mind that each of your mobile devices needs to be individually updated (steps 1 & 2) to get automatic updates.
If your mobile device is 4+ years old, read the section on Mobile Device Hardware here.