What is Setup Mode?
When any Ring device is in setup mode, it broadcasts a temporary wifi network.
While setting up Ring Stick Up Cam (1st generation), you'll be asked to put the device into "Setup Mode." the Ring app will connect to this wifi network to "tell" your Ring product how to connect to your home wifi network. As soon as your Ring product has been set up in the Ring app, it will stop broadcasting this wifi network, and stay connected to your home network.
To put your device into Setup Mode:
- Press and release the orange button on the back of the Stick-up Cam.
- When the light on the back pulses, the Stick Up Cam is in setup mode.
If your Stick Up Cam doesn't go into Setup mode, you can try the following:
- Press the orange button firmly and release it without holding it down.
- Fully charge Stick Up Cam.
- Prior to setting up your Stick Up Cam, plug it into a power source using the supplied orange cable, and charge it fully. The small light on the back will light up solid once it's fully charged.
The Stick Up Cam displays a slightly different light pattern when it's charging than when it's in Setup mode. When charging it will blink rapidly as shown in the animation below: