Set up your Chime Pro in the Ring app and connect a Ring device to Chime Pro.
1. Download the Ring app.
To download the Ring app:
2. Create or sign in to your account.
If this is your first Ring product, you will be asked to set up an account.
To set up an account:
- Open the Ring app.
- Select Create Account.
- Follow the in-app instructions to create a new account.
3. Scan the QR code.
If you already have a Ring account and/or another Ring device installed, open the Ring app:
- Tap the menu (≡).
- Tap Set Up a Device.
- Select Chimes.
Scan the QR code on your Ring device.
- When the code is recognized, a green square will appear and a pop-up with your device image detected.
If you experience issues scanning the QR codes:
- Move your camera closer or further from the QR code to help it focus.
- When the camera finds focus, hold it steady for a few seconds.
- If your camera won’t focus, clean your camera lens, move to a well-lit area, and try again.
If you continue to experience issues:
- Tap Other Options below the scanner.
- Select Can’t Scan the QR code.
- Confirm by selecting Enter code manually (this corresponds to the PIN code digits directly underneath the QR code).
- Find your device in the list.
- Enter the five digit PIN found below the QR code.
4. Specify your location.
If this is your first time setting up a Ring device, you will receive a request from your phone informing you that the Ring app wishes to use your phone’s location services to pinpoint your location. Allowing the app to do so will assist with inputting your address.
Enter your address information into the app, then confirm it.
If you have established a location previously, you can select it from the list of your locations.
5. Plug in Your Chime Pro.
Plug your Chime Pro into a standard wall outlet somewhere between your wifi router and any of your Ring devices that you plan to connect to your Chime Pro. Once it is plugged in, the Ring logo on the front of your Chime Pro will begin pulsing blue.
6. Name your device.
Select a specific name for your Chime Pro to distinguish it from other Ring devices on your account. You can choose one of the default names that are suggested, or you can enter your own by selecting “Custom…” at the bottom of the list.
7. Put your Chime Pro into setup mode.
If you have never set up your Chime Pro before, it will automatically enter Setup mode. Simply wait for the Ring logo on the front of your Chime Pro to begin to pulse slowly, then press the “Continue” button in the Ring app.
If the Ring logo does not begin to pulse slowly, or if this Chime Pro has been set up previously, press and hold the small button on the side of your Chime Pro for five seconds. Make sure to keep your Chime Pro plugged in during this process.
8. Connect to your Ring device.
- iOS: Tap Join when the Ring app asks to join the Ring device's wifi network.
- Android: Your device should automatically connect to the Ring device's wifi network.
If your device does not automatically connect to the Ring device's wifi network, or if you chose to continue without scanning in step four, please follow the steps below:
- Press the home button on your phone to leave the Ring app.
- Navigate to the Settings app, then tap Wi-Fi.
- On Android, you may need to navigate to Connection then Wi-Fi.
- Select the Ring device's wifi network from the list of available networks. The network will appear as ChimePro-XXXXXX, but the Xs will be the last six digits of the device's MAC address.
- Once connected, close your Settings app and return to the Ring app.
9. Connect your Chime Pro to your wifi.
Be sure you’re near your router and have your wifi password ready.
Connect your Chime Pro to your wifi network to extend your wifi.
- If you have more than one wifi network, select the network closest to where you will be installing your Chime Pro.
- Enter your wifi password and press Continue.
10. Connect to your other Ring Devices.
Select the Ring devices and types of events you would like your Chime Pro to sound an alert for, as well as any devices you would like to connect to the Chime Pro network.
That's it! Remember, you can change your Chime Pro settings anytime by going to the Linked Devices settings in the Ring app and selecting your linked Chime Pro.