Learn about Ring Floodlight Cam’s Setup Mode, its temporary wifi network and how to perform a hard reset.
Floodlight Cam Setup Mode
During the setup process, Floodlight Cam will broadcast a temporary wifi network that it will use to connect to the Ring app. After the Ring app is connected to your device’s temporary network, it will prompt your device to connect to your home wifi network.
Once setup in the Ring app is complete, Floodlight Cam will be connected to your home network and stop broadcasting its temporary wifi network.
How to put Floodlight Cam in Setup Mode
- Press and release the small button on the top of the camera.
- Your Floodlight Cam will be in Setup Mode when the light on the bottom is flashing.
If the light on the bottom of the Floodlight Cam isn’t lighting up it might be because:
- You're pressing the button for too long. Ensure that you are pressing the button firmly and releasing it immediately without holding it down. Holding the button down performs a hard reset.
- Your Floodlight Cam isn't receiving power.
- Your Floodlight Cam is wired incorrectly. To correctly wire your device, refer to Installing Your Ring Floodlight Cam or consult a qualified electrician.
Performing a hard reset
If the light on your Floodlight Cam does not light up but is wired correctly and is receiving power, you can try performing a hard reset.
To perform a hard reset, hold down the top button for a full 30 seconds.
After releasing it, the light on the bottom should flash a few times, indicating that your Floodlight Cam is restarting.
Wait at least 60 seconds for the process to complete. Then, try putting it in Setup Mode again by briefly pushing and releasing the top button.