Ring Video Doorbell 1st and a 2nd Generation have essentially the mounting process, but the mounting plate configuration is different. Tap here to see which version you have.
How to install your Ring Video Doorbell (1st generation)
1. Align the Mounting Bracket.
To properly line up the mounting bracket:
- Click the level tool (included in the box) into the mounting bracket.
- Place the mounting bracket next to your door at about chest height.
- Level the mounting bracket using the level tool.
- Mark the positions of the mounting holes with a pencil.
Mounting bracket in inches:
Mounting bracket in millimeters:
2. Drill Holes (Optional: Drill guide holes to mark the position of the mounting holes).
- If you are mounting the bracket on brick, concrete, or stucco, secure the included plastic anchors into the holes. You may need to use a hammer to secure the anchors.
- If you are mounting the bracket on wood or vinyl, just use the included screws.
3. Place your Ring Video Doorbell on the Mounting Bracket.
Don't be afraid to use a little force.
4. Tighten the Security Screws.
There is a tool included in your box that can be used to tighten the security screws.