To charge the battery for your Ring Spotlight Cam:
- Open the battery compartment, press the white button, and lift open.
- Remove the battery by pressing the Release tab.
- Connect any micro-USB charger to the charging port in the battery. During charging, both the red and green lights will light up. Your battery is fully charged when the light on the battery shines a solid green.
- Slide the fully charged battery back into Spotlight Cam until it clicks in place.
- Firmly close the battery compartment door. It might take a little pressure, but you'll know it's secure when you hear a click.
- Your device will power up after a minute and be ready for use.
Check your battery percentage in the Ring app
- Tap the menu (≡) in the top left.
- Tap Devices.
- Tap the doorbell or camera you want to check.
- Tap Device Health.
- Check the percentage under Battery Level.
The battery charge percentage will not change in the Ring app until the fully-charged battery is reinserted into the device.
How to extend your Spotlight Cam battery life
Your Spotlight Cam may not need recharging often with normal use. However, this depends on a number of factors in your home environment, such as the weather and the number of activities captured.
You only need one battery for your Spotlight Cam to work properly. However, if you want extended battery life or don't want to experience any downtime charging the battery, a second battery is available for purchase.