If your Video Doorbell Pro is not functioning correctly (even if your doorbell transformer supplies 16 volts AC at ~30 VA) you may need to install an adapter, such as the Ring Pro Power Kit v2, to bypass your internal doorbell chime. See below for installation instructions.
|Pro Power Kit v2
|Pro Power Cable
Confirm your doorbell isn't getting enough power
Symptoms of insufficient power can include:
- Regularly losing connection to your wifi network
- Freezing up or shutting down during the chime sound after a button press
- Regularly shutting off
- Freezing during a live event
- Not ringing your existing internal doorbell chime properly or fully
- Night vision doesn't work despite being turned on in the Ring app
- Video Doorbell Pro works fine for a couple events, then stops working
Installing Pro Power Kit v2 to bypass your internal doorbell chime
Turn off power to your internal doorbell chime at the breaker.
Remove the cover from your internal doorbell chime.
- Loosen the “Front” and “Trans” terminal screws.
- Remove the old Pro Power Kit (if you have one) and its attached wire harness.
- Remove the protective decal from the Pro Power Kit v2 to expose the Bypass Mode wire terminals.
- Detach the doorbell wires from the internal doorbell chime and straighten the ends.
- Firmly insert the doorbell wires into the Bypass Mode holes on the Pro Power Kit v2 until they are firmly in place.
- Replace the cover on your internal doorbell chime.
- Turn the power back on at the breaker.
- In the Ring app, select your Video Doorbell Pro, then tap the gear-shaped icon and set "Doorbell Type" to None.
If you ever need to remove your doorbell wires from the Pro Power Kit v2, press down on the lever on the rear to open the terminal clamps, then carefully pull the wires straight out.