Car Cam light pattern explanations
|Ring Car Cam's main LED displays a blue light when connected to power or when it is restarted. The light will stay on while booting, approximately 20-30 sec.
|Pulsing Green Light
When Ring Car Cam is waiting to be set up (provisioning), the main LED will slowly pulse green.
Pulsing Green Light,
Ring Car Cam's main LED will slowly pulse green, then yellow when the device is powered but not waiting to be set up (provisioning) because it's in a low power set up mode.
To enter Setup Mode, press the setup button (on top) for 2-7 seconds.
|Blue Pulsing Light
|Ring Car Cam's main LED will quickly flash blue two times every 45 seconds in low power mode.
This indicates that Ring Car Cam's sensors are monitoring your car.
To restart the device, press the setup button (on top) for 7-10 seconds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why did Ring Car Cam send me a lot of notifications?
Even when Ring Car Cam is not connected to wifi or LTE, it may continue to monitor your vehicle and store notifications locally. When a connection returns, all the notifications may be sent at once. If there was a long period without a connection, there may be a lot of notifications.
How do I adjust Ring Car Cam 's Disturbance Sensitivity?
Adjust Ring Ring Car Cam's disturbance detection by tapping Disturbance Settings on the Device Dashboard in the Ring app.
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap the menu (≡) in the top left.
- Tap Devices.
- Select Ring Car Cam.
- Tap Disturbance Settings. You will see a few options:
Disturbance Sensitivity - To adjust the effective range of disturbance detection, we recommend you try the default setting first. Then, you can make adjustments as needed.
Advanced Settings - To customize Disturbance Detection to fit your preferences and help reduce unwanted alerts.
Interior disturbance verification, on by default, lets Ring Car Cam focus on detecting movement inside your vehicle (such as during a break-in). All disturbance outside is ignored, which lets you avoid alerts for low-priority events like passing cars. However, this also means you also won’t be notified about bumps or crashes.
Why did Ring Car Cam turn off to conserve the vehicle’s battery?
After a drive, Ring Ring Car Cam turns off once it uses a certain amount of battery power. It turns on again when the vehicle is started. Ring Ring Car Cam goes into a low-power mode when the vehicle is parked to draw less power from the battery between uses. To control how long Ring Car Cam stays active between drives, change its Vehicle Battery Usage setting.
Things to try
- Vehicles need to be driven at highway speeds now and then to keep their battery charged.
- If Ring Car Cam turns off too quickly, raise its Vehicle Battery Usage setting. If there is no change, try having your car battery tested, as it may need replacing.
How to factory reset Ring Car Cam
- Turn the engine on.
- Press and hold your Car Cam's main button for 5-7 seconds until it turns yellow, then release.
- Immediately press the main button a second time and hold for 5-7 seconds until it turns yellow, then release it.
- Press the main button immediately, a third time, and hold it for 5-7 seconds again until it turns yellow, then release it again.
- After the third cycle, give your Car Cam time to reboot. This will complete the factory reset.