Physically installing up your Stick Up Cam Wired is a simple process. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Note that you should set up your Stick Up Cam in the Ring App before physically installing it.
Click here for information on setting up your Stick Up Cam Wired in the Ring app.
Click here for instructions on physically installing the Stick Up Cam Battery.
Step One: Slide off the bottom cover
The first step in installing your Stick Up Cam is sliding off the bottom cover. Use the orange screwdriver included in your box to remove the security screw, then pull off the bottom cover. Once removed, it will reveal a USB port, an Ethernet port, an orange button, and a QR code that you'll scan while setting up Stick Up Cam Wired in the Ring App.
Note: Keep this cover within reach! When you connect your Ethernet cable to the Stick Up Cam, you’ll need to thread the cable through the hole in the cover.
Step Two: Choose your location
Your Stick Up Cam will be happy just about anywhere, indoors or out. It can sit on its own stand, or mount to a wall or ceiling.
Choose a spot where it can provide the view that you want and make sure it's within reach of a power socket or the PoE adaptor.
Step Three: Power your Stick Up Cam
You can power your Stick Up Cam in one of two ways. Plug it into a socket (with USB), or plug it into the PoE adaptor.
Note: Your Stick Up Cam requires power from a conventional AC power source or via Power over Ethernet. It will not work with only an ethernet connection.
To power Stick Up Cam with PoE
- Feed an Ethernet cable through the hole in the bottom cover.
- Plug it into the Ethernet port in the Stick Up Cam.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the PoE adaptor
To Power Stick Up Cam with USB
Two USB power supplies are included in your box. One is for indoor use and one is for outdoor use.
- Feed your chosen USB cable through the hole in the bottom cover.
- Plug the USB cable into your Stick Up Cam.
- Plug the power supply into a socket.
Step Four: Installing your Stick Up Cam on a shelf or a table
To install your Stick Up Cam onto a shelf or table
- Place the rubber pad on the bottom of the base, if it’s not already.
- Snap the cover onto the top of the base.
- Place Stick Up Cam on a table or shelf.
That's it! If you’re mounting to a shelf or table, your Ring Stick Up Cam is now installed.
Step Four: Mounting the Stick Up Cam Wired to a wall or ceiling with a rubber pad
If you're mounting Stick Up Cam on a wall:
- Push the rubber pad into the top of the base
- Flip the base toward the rear.
If you're mounting Stick Up Cam on a ceiling:
- Swivel the base above the camera.
- Push the rubber pad into the bottom of the base.
Step Five: Drive the screws
- Hold the circular part of the base against your wall or ceiling, rubber side down.
- If you're mounting Stick Up Cam on a wall, use the provided level to ensure it's straight.
- Mount your Stick Up Cam with the included screws.
Step Six: Close it up
- Ensuring that any connected cables have been routed through the bottom cover, slide the cover into place on your Stick Up Cam.
- Then, tighten the screw with the star-shaped end of the screwdriver bit.
Step Seven: Snap the Cover onto the base
- Snap the cover onto the base.
- Secure it with the included short security screw.
That's it! Your Ring Stick Up Cam Wired is installed.