Install your Ring Video Doorbell Pro by watching this video or following the step-by-step instructions.
Remove your existing doorbell button
- Turn off power at the breaker.
- Remove the button on your existing doorbell and disconnect the wires.
Install your Pro Power Kit
- Remove the cover to your in-home doorbell chime kit.
- Verify that it is compatible with the Ring Video Doorbell Pro by following these steps.
- If your chime kit isn’t compatible, tap here to learn how to bypass it.
- Verify your transformer has an output of at least 16V 30VA (40VA max) and 50/60 Hz.
- Install your Pro Power Kit or Pro Power Cable (pictured below). Scroll down to the link that applies to you and follow the steps on that page.
Mount your Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Remove the device’s faceplate.
- If mounting on a masonry surface, place your Video Doorbell Pro where you want to mount it and mark pilot holes. Then, drill holes where you've marked the holes and insert the anchors.
- Connect the wires to the screws on the back of the device.
- It doesn't matter which order the wires are connected.
- Be sure the wires don't touch each other.
- Be careful of over-tightening these screws as well.
- Place the device against the wall. Make sure that it is level, then drive the screws in.
Set up the doorbell in the Ring app
- Double check each portion of your wiring and then turn the power back on.
- Now that the device has been installed, set it up in the Ring app.
Attach the faceplate
- Place the faceplate on the doorbell and ensure it is secured to the device.
- Install the security screw at the bottom of the device.