1. Charge the provided battery.
- Fully charge the battery by plugging it into a USB power source using the provided orange cable. When only one of the two LEDs on the battery is lit, the battery is fully charged.
- Insert the battery into the bottom of your Ring Video Doorbell 3 until it clicks into place.
Please charge the battery completely before setting up your device.
2. Remove your existing doorbell.
If replacing an existing doorbell, shut off power to your doorbell system at the breaker. Then remove the doorbell button from the wall and disconnect the wires.
If wiring your Ring Video Doorbell 3 to an existing doorbell, a transformer with a voltage of 8-24 VAC, 40VA max, 50/60Hz is required.
DC transformers and most intercoms are not supported.
3. Line up your Ring Video Doorbell 3.
To properly line up your Ring Video Doorbell 3:
- Click the level tool (included in the box) into the small hole on the front of the Ring Video Doorbell 3, below the camera.
- Place the Ring Video Doorbell 3 next to your door at about 48 inches from the ground.
- Level the device using the level tool.
- Mark the positions for mounting holes with a pencil.
4 (optional). Drill the mounting holes (when mounting on brick, concrete, or stucco ONLY).
- Use the included drill part to drill holes at the positions you marked.
- Insert the included plastic anchors into the holes. You may need to use a hammer to secure the anchors.
Skip this step if you’re mounting on wood or vinyl siding.
5 (optional). Attach the wire extensions.
If you have trouble connecting the wires coming out of the wall to the back of your Ring Video Doorbell 3, use the provided wire extensions and wire nuts.
6. Connect the wires.
Connect the wires coming out of your wall to the screws on the unit.
Either wire can connect to either screw. The order doesn't matter.
7. Place your Ring Video Doorbell 3 over the holes.
Don't forget to remove the level tool from the front of the device.
8. Screw in the Ring Video Doorbell 3.
Feed all the wires (and the wire nuts if you used them) into your wall and secure your Ring Video Doorbell 3 on the wall. Be sure you use all four included screws.
9. Install the faceplate.
Place one of the provided faceplates on your Ring Video Doorbell 3 by slotting it in at the top and clicking it into place.
10. Install the security screw.
Use one of the provided security screws and the star-shaped end of the screwdriver bit to secure the faceplate. Be sure to use the security screws to secure the faceplate and not the wood screw which can damage the battery. If you feel you may have used the wrong screw, please contact Ring Support.