Get the most out of professional monitoring with customizable police response, giving you the freedom to keep your home protected in a way that works for you. Residential neighbors with professional monitoring won't have to worry about having the police show up unexpectedly or getting fined for false alarms because you missed a call.
Ring Alarm residential neighbors with a valid Ring Protect Plan subscription and who are enrolled in professional monitoring can now specify when they want the police to be dispatched to their location.
What are the customizable police response options?
Option 1: Send Police Automatically (default)
- Our Monitoring Center requests police if no one answers the call and provides the verbal password to cancel the police request.
Ensure your emergency contacts have the correct verbal password in order to cancel the alarm during an event. We recommend keeping your verbal password somewhere safe and familiarizing yourself with how to use and update your verbal password.
Option 2: Send Police Only When Requested
- If no one answers the call, our Monitoring Center leaves a voicemail and does not request police response.
With both options, voicemail messages will be left for all emergency contacts who do not answer the phone.
How to customize police response
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap the menu (☰).
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Monitoring.
- Tap Police and Fire Response.
- To customize your police response, tap Edit.
- If you make a change, don’t forget to tap Save.
How can I use these customizable police response options?
You can use the police response options for different scenarios, such as:
- Using the “Send Police Automatically” police response for their empty vacation home during the winter.
- Switching their home to the “Send Police Only When Requested” police response whenever they go out of town for the weekend.
- Using “Send Police Automatically” when their teenagers are home alone so they can check in on the kids first before requesting police, helping to avoid false alarms.
These settings can be used in a variety of situations, and you can toggle between them at any time without disabling your professional monitoring service.