To charge the battery for your Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Generation) (previously sold as Ring Video Doorbell 2020 Edition), use a common micro-USB cable, such as the one included in your Ring box. Simply plug it into any USB power source. Your doorbell can take around 5-10 hours to fully charge, depending on whether the USB cable is plugged into a USB port or a wall outlet.
How to charge your Video Doorbell (2nd Generation) battery
1. Remove the security screws on the base of the doorbell and lift the doorbell up and away from the mounting bracket.
2. Connect the micro-USB cable to the port on the back of the device.
3. During charging, the blue light on the front of the device will fill in to show the charge percentage.
4. When the doorbell is fully charged, the light will be solid blue.
5. Reattach the Ring unit to the mounting bracket using your security screws. After about 30 seconds (time for the Ring doorbell to start up), test your Ring doorbell by pressing the button on the front.