Set up and customize your Camera Motion Zones for your Ring devices.
Camera Motion Zones can help you detect motion in the areas that matter the most to you, and reduce the number of "false" motion alerts (such as cars driving by).
By drawing your Camera Motion Zones to exclude high-traffic areas like public paths and roads, you can increase your Ring device's effectiveness.
How to set up Camera Motion Zones for your Video Doorbell (2nd Generation)
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap the menu (≡) on the top left.
- Tap Devices.
- Tap the relevant device.
- Tap Motion Settings.
- At the top, tap Edit Zones or scroll down to tap Camera Motion Zones.
- Note: You may need to toggle on Advanced Motion Detection under Advanced Settings before you can add Motion Zones.
- To adjust an existing Motion Zone: tap the Zone you want to adjust, then drag the points of the Zone to do so. Tap Save.
- To add a new Motion Zone: tap Add Zone and drag the points of the Zone. Tap Save.