Protect your home with Ring Alarm Pro, the Alarm system that combines reliable home security with a secure internet network.
Use Alarm Pro to set up 24/7 Backup Internet for your primary internet service when you are subscribed to a Ring Protect Pro subscription, even if you don’t have a broadband internet connection at your location. You will get 3GB of cellular data each month, included in your subscription.1 If you need more, opt in to Extra Data. You’ll be charged $3 per 1GB of cellular data that you use at the end of each month.
Ring Alarm Pro’s built-in eero Wi-Fi 6 router connects directly to your modem and the internet using an Ethernet cable to create a secure wifi mesh network within minutes — no wifi router needed. Enjoy fast wifi that covers an area of up to 1500 square feet making it your gateway to connect personal wifi and Ring devices to the internet.
Need more coverage at your location? Expand your wifi network at any time by adding eero 6 Extenders. Each adds up to 1500 square feet of Wi-Fi 6 coverage to your existing network.
What Ring devices work with Ring Alarm Pro?
Ring Alarm Pro works with a wide range of wifi and Z-Wave devices, including:
- Ring Alarm security devices, including Contact Sensors, Motion Detectors, Keypads and Range Extenders (both 1st Gen and 2nd Gen), which connect via Z-Wave
- Ring Video Doorbells and Security Cameras connect via wifi
- Ring Power Packs for external battery backup, which plug right into your Alarm Pro
- Ring Alarm accessories, including Flood & Freeze Sensors, Smoke & CO Listeners and Panic Buttons
- Works with Ring Z-Wave and wifi accessories, including smart locks, switches and other compatible smart home accessories
- eero 6 Extenders to expand your Wi-Fi 6 mesh network
- Amazon Alexa-enabled devices to help you control your smart home with voice activated commands
You can add more devices to your Ring Alarm Pro anytime. Order Ring Alarm Pro.
Note: Ring Alarm and all Ring Alarm accessories require a subscription for digital notifications, in-app features, digital arming/disarming, and integration with other Ring, Echo, and third party products. Subscription sold separately. View ring.com/protect-plans for pricing and details.
Ring Alarm Pro
Ring Power Packs
eero and your wifi network
- Replacing your current router with Alarm Pro
- Replacing your eero mesh network with Ring Alarm Pro
- Troubleshooting your eero or modem connection
eero mesh wifi router provides up to 1500 square feet of coverage. Adding eero Extenders expands coverage in larger homes. Wifi Internet connection speeds depend on your internet service provider. Maximum wireless signal rates are derived from IEEE standard 802.11 specification. Specifications assume wired Ethernet connection, experienced speeds may vary based on network configuration. Coverage estimates are based on normal use conditions. Actual range and performance can vary, including due to factors such as interference, connected devices, device usage, building materials and obstructions. Specifications are based on use of a Wi-Fi 6 or later generation client device.
Ring Protect Pro and 24/7 Backup Internet
- Subscribing to the Ring Protect Pro plan
- 24/7 Backup Internet and Extra Data
- Using Backup Internet as your primary internet connection
Compatible Ring Protect subscription required (sold separately). Extra data charges may apply. Cellular data is provided by a third party carrier. Coverage, uptime, technology, and speeds will vary. Will require backup power if the power goes out. Visit ring.com/alarm-pro for more details.
Using Alarm Pro at Jobsites
- How to sign up for professional monitoring
- Getting a call from Ring's monitoring center
- Understanding professional monitoring response plans
- Customizable police response for Ring professional monitoring
- How to get an Alarm permit
- How to get an professional monitoring certificate for your insurance company
Actual savings vary depending on insurance carrier and policy. Example savings based on example home insurance premium of $1500 and at least 6.7% discount for Alarm professional monitoring.2
Replacing your Base Station
Ring Edge local video processing and storage
- Store and process videos locally with Ring Edge
- MicroSD cards for Ring Alarm Pro information
- Connecting and disconnecting a camera or Video Doorbell to Ring Edge through Ring Alarm Pro
- Fixing ineligible cameras in Ring Edge
Ring Alarm Pro, a microSD card, and a Ring Protect subscription, all sold separately, are required to use Ring Edge features. For more information, visit ring.com/alarm-pro.
Ring Edge is currently not available for Ring Video Doorbell 4, Floodlight Cam Wired Pro, Ring Video Doorbell (1st Generation), or Stick Up Cam (1st Generation).
Legal terms and disclosures
Learn additional information about Internet Access Terms.
Learn additional information about Network Management Disclosures.
1 Compatible Ring Protect subscription required (sold separately). Extra data charges may apply. Cellular data is provided by a third party carrier. Coverage, uptime, technology, and speeds will vary. Will require backup power if the power goes out. Visit ring.com/alarm-pro for more details. Ring Alarm Pro is designed to be used as a router, and using your Alarm Pro as an extender will prevent you from accessing many of the Ring Protect Pro subscription features, including 24/7 Backup Internet.
2 A compatible Ring Protect subscription is required to enroll in the Ring Alarm professional monitoring service. Professional monitoring service is available only within the U.S. (all 50 states, but not U.S. territories) and in Canada (excluding Quebec). Ring does not own its own professional monitoring center. Smoke and carbon monoxide monitoring is not available for commercial properties. See Ring Alarm licenses at: https://www.ring.com/licenses.