What is Ring Jobsite Security?
Ring Jobsite Security is a portable and durable security solution to help pros and contractors in securing their job sites, tools and materials.
With Ring Alarm Pro, your Ring Jobsite Security can also provide a cellular internet connection to your job site with optional 24/7 Backup Internet 1 (with a Ring Protect Pro Plan).
Which devices can trigger an automated professional monitoring* response with Ring Protect Pro?
When you subscribe to Ring Protect Pro and enroll in professional monitoring,* all Ring Alarm devices that are directly linked to your Alarm Pro Base Station can trigger an automated professional monitoring* response.
Ring Alarm devices that support an automated professional monitoring* response include:
- Alarm Contact Sensors (including the Outdoor Contact Sensor)
- Alarm Motion Detectors
- Smoke & CO Listeners**
- Glass Break Sensors
- Flood/Freeze Sensor (When enrolled in professional monitoring,* you can opt in for an automated call to alert you of flood or freezing temperatures. No dispatch will occur.)
- First Alert Z-Wave Smoke/CO alarm (Professional monitoring* is not available for commercial properties.)
The following Ring Alarm devices support a professional monitoring* response with a user-initiated button press:
- Panic Buttons
- Keypad (includes buttons to request police, fire, and medical assistance)
Certain devices that are not Ring Alarm sensors, may be able to detect motion, but they are not able to trigger an automated professional monitoring* response. This includes, without limitation: Ring Video Doorbells, Security Cameras, compatible third party cameras, and Smart Lighting Motion Sensors. If you are using an Alarm Base Station (Generation 1, Generation 2, or Pro) without Ring Alarm sensors, you can instantly request police, fire, or medical assistance with the SOS button in the Ring app if you have Ring Protect Pro and are enrolled in professional monitoring.* Click here for more information about the SOS button.
What is the difference between a Ring Smart Lighting Motion Sensor and a Ring Alarm Motion Sensor?
Your Jobsite Security Kit includes a Ring Smart Lighting Motion Sensor. The Ring Smart Lighting Motion Sensor is a battery-powered outdoor Motion Sensor that, when linked, can activate Ring Smart Lights to turn on and start video recording on Ring doorbells and cameras whenever motion is detected.
If you see suspicious activity, you can press the SOS button in the Ring app to request help. If you are subscribed to Ring Protect Pro and enrolled in professional monitoring,* the SOS button in the Ring app allows you to request emergency dispatch. The Ring Smart Lighting Motion Sensor does not trigger automated professional monitoring* responses or calls.
Click here for more information about the SOS button.
The Ring Alarm Motion Detector monitors a room or area inside of your building for heat and movement. When armed, the Motion Detector will trigger your Ring Alarm when heat and movement are detected. It will also trigger an automated emergency response from the monitoring center if you are enrolled for professional monitoring.* The Ring Alarm Motion Detector is not included in the Jobsite Security Kit and must be purchased separately.
Do Ring Smart Lighting Motion Sensors work with professional monitoring* to trigger an automated emergency response from the monitoring center for the Jobsite Security Kit?
No. Ring Smart Lighting Motion Sensors do not trigger an automated emergency response from the monitoring center. You can request a professional monitoring* emergency response with a user-initiated button press (the SOS Button in your Ring app).
Are Alarm security devices included in the Jobsite Security Kit?
Other than the Alarm Pro Base Station, Alarm security devices are not included in the Jobsite Security 5-Piece Kit. These devices must be purchased separately. Click here to order Ring Alarm security devices.
Will emergency services automatically be sent to my jobsite if professional monitoring* is active?
If you are subscribed to Ring Protect Pro and enrolled in professional monitoring,* an automated professional monitoring* response is only triggered if you have compatible Alarm security devices (purchased separately) connected to the Alarm Pro Base Station that comes with your Jobsite Security Kit. Professional monitoring* must also be active. Click here to order Ring Alarm security devices.
What products are available for Ring Jobsite Security?
- Ring Jobsite Security 5-Piece Plus Kit ($399.99)
- Includes: Ring Alarm Pro, Stick Up Cam Battery, Ring Smart Lighting Spotlight Battery, Ring Smart Lighting Motion Sensor, Ring Jobsite Security Case
- Ring Jobsite Security Case ($129.99)
- Stick Up Cam Battery ($99.99)
- Spotlight Cam Battery ($199.99)
- Ring Smart Lighting Spotlight Battery ($39.99)
- Ring Smart Lighting Motion Sensor ($24.99)
- Ring Power Pack ($129.99)
- Ring Alarm Outdoor Contact Sensor ($49.99)
Where can I buy Ring Jobsite Security?
What if I don’t have internet at my job site?
No problem. Ring Jobsite Security can provide a cellular internet connection to your job site using our optional 24/7 Backup Internet service..
Each month, 3GB of data are included with a Ring Protect Pro subscription, and customers can opt into Extra Data if they want to use more cellular data for $3/GB for additional data.
What if I lost power at my job site?
Customers can connect up to four Ring Power Packs to their Ring Alarm Pro to provide backup power to the device. Three Ring Power Packs linked together provide up to 24 hours of battery backup for your Ring Alarm Pro. Battery life will vary based on device settings, usage, and environmental factors.
1 Extra data charges may apply. Cellular data is provided by a third party carrier. Coverage, uptime, technology, and speeds will vary. May require backup power if the power goes out. Visit ring.com/alarm-pro for more details.
* Compatible Alarm sensors (separate purchase) are required for an automated professional monitoring response. If you are using an Alarm Base Station without compatible Alarm sensors, use the SOS button in the Ring app to request emergency dispatch. See Frequently Asked Questions for details. Ring Alarm Pro and Ring Alarm professional monitoring service is available within the U.S. (all 50 states, but not U.S. territories) Ring does not own its own professional monitoring center. Additional charges may apply in areas that require permits or guard response service for alarm verification. Tax not included. Enrollment for Ring Protect Pro and opt-in for professional monitoring is required (each separately). Ring Smart Lighting motion sensor does not trigger an automated emergency response when enrolled in Alarm professional monitoring.
** Smoke and carbon monoxide monitoring is not available for commercial properties. See Ring Alarm licenses at: https://www.ring.com/licenses.