Ring Intercom is powered by one Quick Release Battery Pack. If you would prefer not to experience downtime while you are charging the battery, Ring Intercom is also available to purchase with an additional Quick Release Battery Pack, or with an additional Quick Release Battery Pack and a Charging Station.
How to charge your Ring Intercom battery
- Remove the cover of your Ring Intercom.
- Remove the battery by pressing the silver release tab.
- Connect your micro-USB cable to the battery's charging port.
- Note: You can use the orange micro-USB cable included in the box with your Intercom or any micro-USB cable.
Plug your micro-USB cable into any USB power source, such as a computer or a plug adapter. Your battery will take around six to eight hours to fully charge, depending on whether the USB cable is plugged into a USB port or into a wall outlet.
- Note: While your battery is charging, both the red and green lights will light up. Your battery is fully charged when the light on the battery shines a solid green.
- Slide the fully charged battery back into your Ring Intercom until it clicks into place.
- Put the cover back on.
- Your Ring Intercom will power up and be ready for use.
Charging Station for Quick Release Battery Pack FAQs
What is the Charging Station for Quick Release Battery Pack?
The Charging Station for Quick Release Battery Pack is a charging device for one or two Quick Release Battery Packs. The Charging Station is compact in size, plugs into a standard outlet, and fully charges both your batteries nearly twice as fast as a micro-USB cable alone. Simply slide batteries in and the indicator light will let you know when they’re fully charged and good to go.
How long does the Charging Station take to charge a battery pack?
The Charging Station takes 4.5 hours to fully charge a Quick Release Battery Pack. This is roughly twice as fast as charging a Quick Release Battery Pack using a micro-USB cable alone.
Can I use any USB cable or AC plug to power the Charging Station?
This is not recommended. Using other USB cables or AC plugs may lengthen the amount of time needed to charge the Quick Release Battery Packs.
Can I leave Quick Release Battery Pack in the Charging Station even after they're fully charged?
Yes. If you have a Quick Release Battery Pack always charged, you can be sure your Ring Intercom is never without power.