Use the privacy features in the Ring app to comply with applicable local and national laws and respect your neighbors' privacy.
Creating Privacy Zones
A Privacy Zone is an area within your Ring device camera's field-of-view that you can define as off-limits. The Ring app won't display anything within that area in Live View, or record anything within that area.*
- You can set up to two rectangular-shaped Privacy Zones.
- Each zone can be compared to a small piece of tape over the doorbell or security camera lens.
- The recorded video in these Privacy Zones is blocked out and cannot be recovered.
- A Privacy Zone only prevents recording in that space. It will not prevent the triggering of motion detection.
* Recording requires a Ring Protect plan.
Disabling Audio/Video Recording
You can disable audio recording and/or video recording (if you have a Ring Protect plan) in the Ring app.