Verbal Password and 24/7 professional monitoring1 brings an added layer of protection to your Ring of Security. During an alarming event, the monitoring center will call and use Verbal Password to confirm whether a valid or false alarm has occurred before emergency response is dispatched to your location.
Ensure you remember your Verbal Password during future alarm events by turning on Verbal Password Reminder alerts. Receive push notifications every 30 days to help you remember the Verbal Password for your Ring Alarm or update it if you’ve forgotten. These reminder alerts will focus on helping you remember your Verbal Password, while also allowing you to review and update your emergency contact list to ensure that the information is accurate and up-to-date.
Managing Verbal Password Reminder Alerts
To turn Verbal Password Reminders on or off:
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap the menu (☰).
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Alarm Alerts.
- Tap Alarm.
- Tap Push.
- Toggle on Push Notifications to access Verbal Password Reminders.
- Toggle on Verbal Password Reminders under the Security section.
- Tap Save.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Receives Verbal Password Reminder Alerts?
Ring Alarm owners who are enrolled in professional monitoring1 will receive Verbal Password Reminder Alerts if it is enabled.
When Are Verbal Password Reminder Alerts Sent?
Verbal Password Reminder Alerts will be sent when your professional monitoring1 practice period ends. You will also receive Verbal Password Reminder Alerts every 30 days after enrolling in professional monitoring.1 The reminders are sent via push notifications from the Ring app.
Why Should I Enable Verbal Password Reminder Alerts?
Verbal Password Reminders reduce the chance of false alarms and possible fines. When you're reminded of your passcode regularly, you and your emergency contacts are more likely to remember it if the monitoring center calls.
What Happens When I Receive a Verbal Password Reminder Alert?
- Tap the notification that appears on your mobile device to open the Ring app where you'll be presented with information on the importance of your verbal password. You'll also be asked if you remember your verbal password.
- Tap I Know It or Update Password at the bottom of the screen.
- If you know your verbal password, enter it and then tap Continue. Once verified, you'll see a confirmation screen that includes a list of your current emergency contacts, an option to update them, and an option to turn off future reminder alerts. If the verbal password you entered is incorrect, you'll be asked to update your password or try again.
- Tap Update Password if you don't remember your verbal password. Enter a new one (word or numbers) on the next screen then tap Save and Continue.
Keep in mind that Verbal Password Reminder Alerts will only send Push notifications. No emails will be sent.
How Do I Update My Verbal Password?
If you don't want to wait until the next reminder alert, you can update your verbal password at any time in the Ring app.
If you change your verbal password, get in touch with your emergency contacts immediately to tell them about the update.
Getting a Call from Ring’s Professional Monitoring Center
Professional Monitoring Emergency Response Plans – Ring Help
Understanding Monitoring – Ring Help
What does a Ring Alarm emergency contact do?
Using and Updating Your Verbal Password – Ring Help
1 A compatible Ring Protect subscription is required to enroll in the Ring Alarm professional monitoring service. Professional monitoring service is available only within the U.S. (all 50 states, but not U.S. territories) and in Canada (excluding Quebec). Ring does not own its own professional monitoring center. Smoke and carbon monoxide monitoring is not available for commercial properties. See Ring alarm licenses at: http://ring.com/licenses. Additional permit or false alarm fees may apply depending on your local jurisdiction. Additional charges may apply in areas that require permits or guard response service for alarm verification.