You can connect your Amazon Echo Speakers, Echo Show, Echo Dot, Fire TV or Fire Tablet to your Ring Intercom and use Alexa voice commands to do the following:
- Answer your Ring Intercom
- End a conversation
- Unlock your building entrance
Answer your Ring Intercom with Alexa
After you’ve connected your Ring Intercom to your Alexa-enabled device, you can answer calls and speak to your visitors through your Echo or Fire TV device.
To speak to your visitor, you can say:
- Alexa, speak to [Ring Intercom Name].
- Alexa, talk to [Ring Intercom Name].
Ending two-way conversations
In order to finish a two-way conversation with a visitor on your Ring Intercom, you can say:
- Alexa, exit.
- Alexa, stop.
- Alexa, quit.
Configure unlock by voice for your Ring Intercom
Follow the steps to enable unlock by voice and create a voice code.
- Open the Alexa app and tap the Devices icon in the footer.
- Tap All Devices at the top.
- Tap Ring Intercom.
- Tap Settings in the top right corner.
- Tap Unlock by voice.
- Create your voice code. The Alexa app will ask for your Amazon account password that you use for your Alexa-enabled device.
Unlock your building entrance using Alexa with Ring Intercom
To unlock the building door using Alexa, say Alexa, unlock [Ring Intercom Name] or Alexa, open [Ring Intercom Name]. Alexa will then ask you for your voice code to complete the action.
Note: If you use an Echo Dot to unlock your building entrance, you will need to end the two-way conversation with visitor first and then say Alexa, unlock [Ring Intercom Name] or Alexa, open [Ring Intercom Name]. Alexa will then ask you for your voice code to complete the action.